Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Years ago we celebrated this special day.  My dear mother-in-law loved her Irish side. Her father was born there.  We would gather for corned beef and cabbage and just enjoy.  This morning I was thinking of her and hoping now that she has ascended to Heaven that she has met the man in person.

What person other than family members and close friends would you like to meet there?

It is turning green around here.



Looking down on the top of a young oak tree  The baby leaves are "spring" green, they'll turn dark soon.


This is the mother tree. She, too, is leafing out nicely.

WEAVING!!!!!

I'm mad about weaving.  I have woven a whole towel on my floor loom. And started the second one.


See the black line on the cloth?  That is the end of one and the beginning of #2.  Boy, am I excited to get them finished.  

Rigid heddle weaving.  It's different and similar and portable. I've have a Schacht Flip Loom.

Here are some photos of a scarf I just finished.


It's warped and I've woven some waste yard to spread the warp fibers and make a space for the fringe.


It's coming along. Perhaps you're wondering about the spaces between the weft threads.  You can see through the scarf, right?  Those will disappear.  I was told.


Off the loom, wet and wrinkled.  But wait . . . 


Long shot.


Close-up.

I love it so much that I've already warped the loom for another one. Soon I'll have towels and scarves.

Joy.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment