Thursday, March 5, 2015

What's Happening

Here's what's happening around here in March so far.

I took Alex's suggestion and bought some trading card sleeves for my "Photo a Day" project.  I put the photos in and then slipped in an explanation and date for each on the back.










The photos














The descriptions of said photos.


Thank you for the great idea, it's working well.

Here's what's happening in my knitting world.



The pullover.  It is possible this is the last sweater I will knit. Unless perhaps a baby one.







I have started another pair of socks in self patterning yarn. They will look something like these.



I did not knit these, but  this is the yarn I'm using. These are from Stephanie Pearl-McFee.


Weaving is coming along very slowly.





Spinning is fun.  Here is a photo of my wheel which doesn't look anything like the more familiar wheels like the one I use at Coloma. 






It's a Schact Sidekick. It's easy to carry, but too modern for the Gold Discovery Park in Coloma.











Here is some fiber I purchased on ETSY from Three Waters Farm.  I've almost turned it all into yarn.





Muted Conversation is the color.








Stitches West was lots of fun  I love riding the train even though it's a bit of a long walk to the convention center after you arrive.  Stitches South is in a few weeks in Nashville, TN.  All about Stitches events here.  I went with guild friends to SW for the market place.  I bought three things. Stitch markers, yarn and fiber. Believe me I was being restrained.  The stitch markers are gorgeous so before I close for today, here they are.





Ciao amici.



No comments:

Post a Comment