Thursday, June 30, 2016

Can You Dig It?

Yup, been gardening.  After taking last year off in discouragement, I'm back at it  It's sort of like an addict who get sober (etc) then gets a whiff of dirt or sees someone else's glorious garden.

I also have renewed my interest in homesteading, but not necessarily living off-grid.  Perhaps if I found some kind of similarly inclined person to live the life together, I might be able to give it a try.  I've been enjoying some YouTube videos by Esther Emery and Nick Fouch.  Here's a link to one of theirs. HERE.  I liked it because of the useful info but also the humor.

            Some photos from this year's garden efforts so far.






Late May

Although I have acreage, I also have hungry deer and mean, greedy gophers.  This is the reason I plant so much in pots. And plant within fences.





June 29-30

I am pleased with the progress and even though I had something eating my cucumber to death and a couple of my pumpkins babies turned yellow when they were still the size of a marble,  many things are making me happy.

Cucumber

Gypsy pepper

Acorn Squash

Eggplant blossoms

I also have got some herbs and flowers coming along.

Arctic White  Verbena

 Front walkway with assorted deer resistant plants.

Front Porch with assorted herbs and others plants.


That's all for today.  I might have to run to the nursery for a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment