Sunday, June 26, 2016

Clouds again

I'm sure I've mentioned the Cloud Appreciation Society before.  I get their newsletter.  I am a member.  There are members all over the world and therefore photos that show up on their Facebook page are amazing and diverse. See it here.   Previously I have shared some.  It's that time again.






















I took all of these photos at my house except for the last one.  It was taken in Shingle Springs, CA looking northeast to where the King Fire was burning.  The large cloud is called a pyrocumulus as it was forming over the fire.  Fall 2014.  

If you would like to know more about clouds, I recommend The Cloudspotter's Guide: The Science, History and Culture of  Clouds by Gavin Pretor-Pinney. And don't forget to check out the  Cloud Appreciation Society website.


Just over the trees is a line of wave clouds.  I spotted them as I was driving home. So I had to pull over and try to photograph them. I'd only ever seen them in pictures.   Boy, was I excited.

I love watching clouds, but take heed, be careful when driving.








No comments:

Post a Comment