Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Thing for the Wall

It's true I made 'a thing for the wall'.  After I took that class on Saori Weaving,  I was eager to do some more so a warped my rigid heddle loom.   I started out with some yarn for the weft, but then switched to strips of batiks. You know I love them.




I'm enjoying it at this point so decided to take a photo.  The warp is some blue cotton, a bit finer than I wanted, but I didn't have what I wanted.  I'm not sure I even knew what I wanted.












A close-up after it was done.
















There it is hanging in the hallway. The wall is a pale lavender.  None of the photos I took of it looked true in color.  This one came the closest.














A close-up of the fringe with beads.  Okay it's not much of a close-up.  Alas,  I am not a photographer.









That's all for the 'thing for the wall'. However I also finished another sleep-over satchel.  Here are two photos of it.



I think this makes 12 of them I've made.  There's another like this one all cut out and ready for sewing.  Might head on in there and 


Get Started.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment