Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Making Book Again

 A couple of years ago I mentioned making a journal here in my blog. Making Book and Need a Journal


It's nearly full. Only 3 pages left to fill.  I don't write every day, but I sometimes write a lot or I sometimes write big.  So anyway time to make another.


This time I used a graham cracker crumbs box. 


I decided to make this journal more square and this box was squarish. 


To cover the covers, made from the crumb box, measure the paper 1/2 -1 inch larger all the way around.  Score the paper where it should fold over the cardboard.

Glue, but don't leave it like this. Smooth it with a foam brush or your fingers.

Center the cardboard on the paper and smooth it. Then fold up the sides and the top and bottom edges and smooth.  Using the bone folder helps.


Next I cut a piece of paper to fit the inside of the covers except for about 1/4 inch all around.
(I missed a few photo opportunities throughout the process. Please don't consider this a true tutorial.)


This is the inside of the other cover.


The outside back cover.


The front cover.


The signatures with stitching holes poked.


 About halfway through the stitching process.  I love the colored cord.


 Finished.  In this photo you can see the curved needle.  It makes the sewing up easier, but a straight needle can be used.


Ready now for recording anything I might need to say.



Here is the book I absolutely love for making books.  Very easy to follow directions.


A peek inside.  Coptic Binding is the binding I'm more familiar with.  But I have made a couple of other kinds.


I made this one using a glued binding.

I found this idea on YouTube. HERE . Sea Lemon has some very nice book making tutorials.


That is all for today and, really that's enough.

Ta Ta,

1 comment:

  1. I do find filling journals and sketch books so satisfying and for some reason so strokable!

    ReplyDelete