Wednesday, October 25, 2017

"Spinning Around Like a Fool"

The title of the post is a line from a favorite song of mine by Bobby Caldwell.  Stuck on You 
Now this is a great song, but it's not really about spinning.  
Years ago my daughter worked for a radio station that played 'smooth jazz'.  She met Bobby when he came to the station.  Very nice.  Then she got tickets to the Russian River Jazz Festival and we went.  Bobby was performing. Again very nice.  We were way in the back. Not so nice.  But I could see him because he was wearing a yellow suit. Sooooooooooo nice.  Any way back to spinning.

The second weekend in October I was spinning for 3 days at Coloma Gold Rush Live.  This is a video of some of the festivities.  You might see me briefly at my wheel.   There was just so much to see and do there, the videographer couldn't keep focusing on me. HeeHee.

The weather was so nice on those days, though it did get pretty warm Sunday afternoon. Wearing long sleeves and long skirts, stockings and boots can certainly add to the discomfort.  But in the mornings I was quite comfortable in my 1850's dress.

Now that October is in it's third week, I am less busy and enjoying some of my hobbies. Spinning for example.  So some photos.



This is actually prettier in person. More blue-purple not so grey. This is 2 ply










Maybe this is a bit better.












This may be the same roving, but in a single before playing, but I really don't know.  I'm going to keep better tract of what I'm spinning.











This was is also a single and called Morning Fenceline.  It's BFL wool and silk.   I need more,










This is some handspun, plied and wound into a ball.

That's all for this post.  May God bless you and keep you well.  No flu!!

Gold Rush Live in Coloma

No comments:

Post a Comment