Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A Cat Story of Two Cats


This is Eddie aka Edward P. Cat


This is Teddy aka Theodore H. Cat
Just recently he may have temporarily decided to be called Rocco.  I do not expect this will last.

Back in September,  my dear Eddie died unexpectedly.  I cannot write about it at all.  However just over a month after Eddie's death I was thinking how there was this hole in my house where another cat should be and my daughter sends me a photo of Ted, a stray at the shelter  who was not doing well.  He was withdrawn and he was failing to groom himself.


My daughter who is a shelter volunteer brought him home to her house where he resided under a futon in the spare room,  He was frightened.


I saw him and I said, "That's my cat."


Elizabeth with Theodore

A couple of weeks later, he was hiding out in my spare room.



He soon began to groom himself, boss my dog, Sophie, around and do some exploring.  He's a real part of the family now. 



I want to thank Elizabeth, for her tender heart.  She has a houseful of pets including two rescue dogs, but she found a spot of Theodore and by doing so helped me fill a spot in my home that only Teddy could fill.

I'm going to also thank the Lord for animals, all types.  What a world of wonder, education, help and love we get from them.  Thank you, God.

My Eddie







My good cat, Eddie, we had many silly and happy times.  I will always remember the way he gently touched my cheek with his paw.

Thank you, Lord, for Eddie.


2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. Eddie was a very special cat, & I will miss him terribly. I'm so glad you found Ted.

    ReplyDelete