Friday, April 18, 2014

Loma Rica, California

With a few friends, I took a lovely road trip into central Northern California.  Most of the travelers were interested in shopping for a fleece or two for hand spinning.
Well, when I look again at the map I see it's  rather on the eastern central part.  Here's a map of  the state.





There are just a few photos and they don't really show how beautiful it is in California in the springtime.  You had to be there.  I hope you like what you see.


Looking south.  The others are in the shed admiring the gorgeous fleeces that are stored there.


The gal in the center wearing the hat, is Terry Mendenhall the farmer and fleece producer extraordinaire  The fleeces are wrapped in blue. Two of our fiber guild's longtime members are perusing the book of locks.  They are making informed decisions.

There is a very affectionate sheep dog and a more reserved barn cat.



 Some of the sheep relaxing in the shade.  It was so lovely there.




This is looking back to the road. We had come over that drive to get to the fleeces.   I just had to take a photo of this tree.  And isn't the propane tank a marvel?

There is a little story about this final photograph.  It is the last one I took.
This one looks east (to the right from above) across a field.

I stood near the fence and using my phone I framed and snapped this picture.  Then I lowered the phone and my hand onto the top of the electric fence.  ELECTRIC FENCE?  Oh, yes.  Oucheeee!  While holding my hand in my other hand, I oohed.  My phone had fallen on the other side of the fence.

Never fear, all is well,  I had ice and acupressure for the pain which rapidly subsided,  I retrieved my phone.  There were no after effects.  No burn or pain.  It's like it never happened.  But I remember how much it hurt.   So for all my readers out there:  you can survive an encounter with an electric fence.

After we left the farm, we had a nice lunch at the Loma Rica Pizza and Deli.




To celebrate Jesus' resurrection, here is the chorus to my favorite Easter hymn.


Up from the grave, he arose
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes.
He arose a victor from the dark domain and
He lives forever with His saints to reign.
He arose.
He arose.
Hallelujah, Christ arose.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment