Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I Know It's Tuesday

For all of you who might have stopped by yesterday because of my mentioning Monday in my last post,  I am sorry.  It was a blue Monday so I didn't do much of anything.  Well, I escaped into the world of British television and did a bit of necessary stuff on the Internet, but it didn't amount to a very productive day.  Lo siento mucho. (Well, it was Cinco de Mayo).

Nothing to show you so far, but it's coming along.  I wasn't as near completion on the project as I thought.  Been working on it this morning. Part of the difficulty for me was adding a pocket in the seam when the pattern didn't call for it.  The basic steps were familiar to me, but this has a flat waistband in front and elasticized one in back so I had to do some figuring out.  Looks okay so far.  Plus, I was only putting one on the right so I had to make sure that's where I put it.  Yay!  Photos coming, maybe today.

In the mean time, I have started another pair of socks.  I had planned to knit this pair with a  fancy pattern, but reverted to the Basic Sock from Knitting Rules  by Stephanie Pearl-McFee  (the Yarn Harlot ).  It's basic and she is fun to read.  The yarn is from Dragonfly Fibers , their Djinni Sock yarn which is superwash merino, cashmere and nylon.  This color is Kelpie.
I bought that one and this one.


It almost looks the same, but this is Blue Morpho Butterfly and is all blue.
I bought them from Dragonfly at this year's Stitches West.  This link takes you to the main site for all the Stitches events.

So that's all for now.  I'll be back with photos of my sewing project asap.

Vapor trail at sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment