Friday, March 28, 2014

Water heater

Good morning.  I am awaiting the arrival of my new water heater.  In 1996, I had to replace the one that was in the house when we bought it in 1984.  The propane guy said water heaters only last about 12-14 years, so I guess I'm doing okay.  Thankfully mine still heats the water so I did have a nice shower this morning. But it's leaking.  Water is just running out and down my back stairs.  All outside so it's okay no flooding.




 The propane people (I'm switching companies) will take out the old and put in the new and hook me up to the new tank.  I've had the same propane tank for 30 years so suddenly I'm nostalgic about it.

Do you see it there behind the Weber and the doggie yurt?









Does waiting for workmen make you edgy?  I understand why they can't give an exact time so I don't blame them for that. The time frame this morning was not before 8:30 but closer to 9:30.  I started expecting them at 7.  I know it's just nuts.  It's 8:25 now.  Come on guys, I'm ready.

They're here.  It's Jared. And it's 9:15.  Others are coming..  Things are wrong with the shut off to the water heater so Jared had to shut off all the water.  You know what that means.  No flushing!  So back to the sewing room.

There are many kinds of Quilting magazines and I have them.

The propane men are still at work.  It's 10:10. Here's what's happening now.


They were able to move the old tank a little bit,  it's full of propane and very heavy.  The old company owns the tank and the propane.



 Way over there barely visible is the new smaller tank.

And it's getting cloudier and cloudier.  We're supposed to have thunderstorms.  I'm praying they stay away until the work is done.  Okay,  it's back to sorting through magazines and trying to get the sewing room more user friendly.



There it is almost ready to go. And I have my new water heater.






It's now 3 days later. I'm reporting on Tax Time.  I owe again this year, but not as much as last year.  I made $50,000 worth of needed improvements on my 29 year house in 2013 for which I received a $500.00 deduction for energy efficient changes.  My wonderful tax preparer also found a little something related to my late husband's pension which helped a lot.  Thank you , Bruce.

Thanks also to the Lord who made heaven and earth and allows us to enjoy the beauty of them both.


      I'll be back,  perhaps with sewing news or sewing room news.  Bye.



1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. We had a leaking water heater for many months, that we ignored. We thought the leak was minor. In fact, it did huge damage to our floors and walls and created damp. My advice is that if you have any leak, get it checked out. Ignoring it will cost you more in the long run.

    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

    ReplyDelete