Sunday, June 15, 2014

I'm still around

Been busy and/or preoccupied.  I've done some sewing, knitting, gardening and thinking.  The last was so exhausting. 

Today is Father's Day.  My dad passed away in 1981. My memories of him are rich and full.  I was 38 when he died,( he was 38 when I was born. 7/21/23) I do wish I could ask him a few questions now as I'm closer to his age.  I would love to hug him. Like many dads, he used to dance me around a room on his toes when I was little.  That was fun!  He took me ice skating and fishing and read to me.  Kipling's "Just So Stories", "How the Elephant Got His Trunk" being my favorite.  He always did the voices.
My dad was born in 1908.  He was the eldest of four.  He used to install sound systems in movie theatres when they started having talkies.  He and my mother met when he went into a Kansas Western Union office to send a telegram.  That's where Mom worked in 1930.





Here's Dad and puppy in the early 1940's, pre-me.











Happy Father's Day to all.

 A sunset in  England.  I did not take this photo, but I wish I knew who did so I could congratulate them on gorgeous picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment