Friday, September 26, 2014

No Sewing Photos Today

Instead I'm going to show you my homework.  You might remember I'm taking an art class on color.  There have been assignments and there have been projects.  Using colored pencils and water colors paints so far.


This is a close-up of my color chart where I mixed each of the colors. I'm not terribly fond of the the white showing, but I like the shades.

This is my intensity chart. We could only use blue or red.  

This is the color chart we made by glazing.  I started over twice.

The following are only 3 out of 5 compositions we had to make using three items of fruit/veggies.  We had to draw 5 different arrangements. Then pick the one we thought was best, draw it five times on 7"x 10" papers. Then we had to paint them in five different color combinations.

This one is local color which means it's painted as it really looks. A red pear, a butternut squash and a green chile pepper, see the real pepper?

This one is color tetrad. That's four colors from the color wheel making square in the center of the wheel if you draw a straight line from one to the next. We had to also used the neutrals made from mixing those colors. That's grey on the background.

And this one is cool colors only. We had to use all the cool colors. 

So that's what's been happening on my dining table this week.

I want to thank the Lord for the rain and cooler temperatures.  It's helping with the firefighting. The King fire has consumed more that 95,000 acres of El Dorado County.
See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment