Saturday, September 6, 2014

Three positive things

A couple of weeks ago, my oldest, Elizabeth, decided to post (on Facebook) 3 positive things that happened each day for a week.  I did not participate in that although my other daughter, Alex, did.  About a week ago, Elizabeth explained how hard that was as she was having very challenging days.  She also said that being thankful for positive 'things' was not quite as difficult as pinpointing positive happenings each day.  After thinking about that,  I decided I would try it starting with yesterday.

1. My wandering cat, Zeke, came home again.
2. When I watered the very droopy plant (I'm not sure what it is), it perked up considerably.
3. I lost a pound.  This was on purpose, not an accident.  I would prefer to never find that one again.

A few years ago I read an short article about the good effects of being thankful has on our minds and spirits.  The article suggested writing down five things you're thankful for each day.  Try not to say the same thing every time.  I remember one suggestion was "I'm thankful for pepperoni pizza."  This idea has not been hard for me as I am thankful to God for so many things every day.


So with a promise to post some sewing and/or art photos soon,  I close with this one.




I am thankful for my piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment